Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Creeks and Cords

Once I got to elbowish level with the sleeves, I simply couldn't go on until I knew how much cuff yarn I'd have left.It went through a few iterations, but I think this complements the two colour ribbing of the waistline reasonably well, and should block out nicely. (It appears to draw in a little more than appears strictly perfect, however, this yarn is not super elastic and has the potential to sag, so I think it will be beneficial to start slightly tighter. We shall see!)

I finally had the opportunity to try out an edging I've been coveting for some time: the I-cord bind-off (aka applied I-cord).


I like how neatly it attaches at the back, too.


I decided against buttons in the end - I think I'm going to have a go at creating some nifty silver clasps.

------------------------


Today's little piece of happy:


And the display format I settled on: