Thursday, January 11, 2007

Shawl Pins

I finally pulled together some uninterrupted time at the bench this week (amazing how challenging it is to get work time when working from home) and created some shawl pins:


These are sterling silver and not over heavy - no. 1 weighs 5 gms and no.'s 2 & 3 are around 9 gms each. Being relatively new to lace knitting, I don't have many shawls to try them on, but I use my prototype regularly to close buttonless cardigans, decorate scarves, etc. and have found it very versatile.

These are available for purchase: No. 1 is $30 (Canadian), No.'s 2 & 3 are $40 each. Postage costs: Xpress post (14 business days to the US, 3-5 in Canada, with package tracking and insurance): anywhere from $12-$14 to the US and Canada, a little more internationally. Regular small package mail is in the $2-$6 range to the US and (inexplicably) $10-12 within Canada. Since these are small and actual postage varies so drastically, I will obtain the actual cost from the Canada Post site prior to invoicing.

To purchase: email me regarding the pin of choice, your address and preferred shipping option, and I will send you a postage quote prior to generating a Paypal invoice.

----------------------------

Number 3 has been sold.

Number 1 has been sold.

Number 2 has been sold.

More in the works - meanwhile feel free to email me if you would like something similar to those pictured above.