Monday, February 12, 2007

One of These Things is Not Like the Other

This weekend was.... not like last weekend. So I knitted. A lot. All the way to the underarm division point.I joined the second ball at what I though was the second purple stripe, and it was actually the first, which means the sequence is no longer precisely regular. I think it looks just fine, and I am going to call it a design feature. Organic. Artistically asymmetric. Shunning the ploddingly predictable. I will, however, try to make the sleeves match one another.

I love these colours - I can't believe I am just now "discovering" Noro.

As for the weekend.... this is a fickle sort of business. My response is to analyze the events in detail, sort the data, and formulate a plan. I divide things up roughly as follows: First: factors beyond my control - concurrent events, weather, dumb luck. Not much to do there but bring plenty of yarn. Second: things I could do differently, in order to be more attractive to potential customers. This requires some thought to distinguish between genuinely useful improvements and wise business choices, and the fact that one simply can't (and shouldn't) be all things to all people.

And there is always another day,

another magical country to be explored.