Sunday, July 09, 2006

Forty

days and forty nights until we move to Whistler. This will be exceptionally brief, because it is past everyone's bedtime here. I just couldn't skip over day forty, though - such an auspicious, biblical sort of time frame.

Sadly, we had a computer crisis of near-biblical proportions today and have only just now got it up and running again to see what has been lost or corrupted. (I hereby solemnly promise to back-up critical files to CD-ROM regularly for the rest of my life, so help me God. Just as soon as the problem with the CD burner gets fixed.)

Funny how isolated and at loose ends one feels without a computer. Also, what a terribly subtle time-waster it is - in all those bits of "take a load off for a minute" that I normally spend checking email or cruising blogs, I made serious headway on "Chaos" by James Gleick. I think I might have to go back to university and do that math degree - this stuff is just so cool.

Lots of pictures tomorrow, I promise. For now, how old do you suppose this is??
It says ART. X. 966 - it could conceivably be from 1966 - I have no idea. Details of this and other interesting bits of the stash over the next 2 days.