Saturday, April 22, 2006

Blue is the Happiest Color

Well, I was feeling pretty pleased with myself - just the upper bodice of the camisole to go and then I could start assembling it. Didn't look real closely at the gauge in which that portion is knit - yikes! The recommended needles were 3.5 mm, but by the time I swatched and reswatched I was down to 2.5 mm. The yarn I substituted for this portion is Mystik DK by Estelle, which splits and snags horribly on these little toothpick needles, so every stitch has to be painstakingly inspected for stray threads before sliding off the needles. It does make a nice looking fabric (thank goodness) but what a nightmare to knit. I can see I have my work cut out for me to finish this in time.

On a happier note, my Louet Sales order arrived yesterday and I adore the color mix. The one benefit to shopping the Internet rather than the LYS (which I would frequent if I had one - sigh) is that you never have to settle for your second best color choice because there's not enough of what you really wanted. I can never truly give my heart to a sweater whose yarn I "settled" for.