Sunday, April 23, 2006

Plan B

Three days of hard knitting has netted me this:
And that's just the plain jane stockinetted back - there's still the complex lace patterned front to go. The worst part is that time pressure + kids = mistakes. Did I mention that knitting this stuff is difficult - well frogging it is sheer hell. You have to get every one of those devilish little threads (and none of their neighbours) back on the needle in a fashion that resembles a whole and unblemished yarn. My beloved DH pointed out that knitting was supposed to be stress relieving, and suggested (really!) that I pick up an alternate outfit for this week's function and wear the camisole to the next function, some 8 weeks hence. Truly I am blessed to be married to the most wonderful man alive. Here he is trying to get out the door yesterday - the kids were not impressed with the need for weekend flying.