Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Forty-four

days until we go. All of our multitudinous moves have been stressful, but there is something about this one that is so much more... final. And positive - we are looking forward enormously to living in Whistler full time. The thing is, it has to be done right this time - the condo we're moving to simply doesn't have the physical floorspace to hold boxes and boxes of didn't-quite-get-to-it crap. At some point in the near future, the house also has to stop looking like a Goodwill sorting station long enough to entice someone to buy it. Some days it all seems doable, and other days the anxiety rises like a wave and I have to curl up in a corner and knit to myself. The BBS, in particular works well - it is just the perfect combination of color and softness and simplicity to be very very soothing.

Creative knitting - aka original design - is rapidly grinding to a halt - anxiety is the mother of distraction, which tends to generate a lot of frogging and frustration.

Consequently, I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with this, which arrived yesterday:
Black silk noil in DK weight, 1100 gms (around 3000 yds) of it from knitknackers on ebay (and a most excellent price, at that).
It was/is supposed to be a sexy little dress for a formal dinner next month. Just as soon as I finalize my brilliant original design. Since a dress is so much longer than a sweater, the physics of drape and elasticity have to be carefully plotted so as not to wind up with a saggy baggy mess. Also, I haven't worked with silk noil before, at least not in this weight. I'm not sure I have the mental agility for the challenge right at the moment.