Saturday, July 22, 2006

Twenty-seven: Fire

But first:

Sunny and not (yet) stiflingly hot - perfect for home baked fresh cherry muffins on the patio, methinks.

--------------------------

Today's colour project: fire. As in the one over which we roasted marshmallows with the kids in the backyard.


It turned out to be a bit of a challenge to come up with something I liked. I started playing with some basic stripes of sampled colours: yellow, orange, dark rusty orange, reddish brown...... and reincarnated the hideous acrylic afghan I spent much of my preteen years not finishing. Click. Where had I seen those colors in a format I didn't detest? Of course - handpainted yarn would make a fine fiery foundation:


With a bright pale yellow or cream design to call to mind the swirling, dancing flames:

I see socks. Which is apt, since the motif on the left is adapted from a book of Turkish sock patterns. The yarn above is already committed to a half finished pair of socks, but I could order more.....