Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Wasted

I had one of those "can't believe I didn't think of that before" brainwaves yesterday, and after a brief search, found and downloaded my camera driver off the Web. Brilliant, no? Especially since my DD is home sick for the second day in a row and I couldn't get to the post office even if the package were there. I then proceeded to spend the entire morning trying in vain to get it to connect with the camera. All indications are that the software is loaded correctly, it just won't procure the photos from the camera, and I vaguely recall back when we first purchased the camera that there was some business about Windows 98 not working well with digitals and really what did I expect from a $300 used laptop?

Still, there's nothing quite like the sickening feeling of waste that computers generate - the way they suck up hours and hours of precious time that was needed for so many other things, the tantalizing promise that if I only try one more thing, the software will work and I will be able to do this terribly important task efficiently forevermore. And when all avenues are exhausted and it still doesn't work, it feels a bit like losing a wallet full of cash, or discovering that the entire flat of organic peaches you were going to can today went moldy all at once last night.

So, that's all to say that until October, I'm back to square one, paying the camera shop to download the card to CD, and I have resolved NOT to fret, because goodness knows I need every scrap of fret energy for parenting right now.

To end on a happy note, here's a bit of eye candy from the mountain, all of which will eventually become design inspiration of some sort:

fuzzy cream flower

heather seed pods

lupin2