Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Mostly News

But first, a progress pic:

This is most of the first ball - I love the colours, but I can clearly see that two will not be enough. Here's hoping I can still get the same dyelot.

First bit of news: I have made the leap to Typepad for my jewellery / other art blog - and am liking it so much that I plan to move this blog over as well. I'm going to take my time, though and get the formatting and extras exactly as I want them before exporting all my posts. If you care to check out the jewellery blog, it can be found here: http://impulsivearts.typepad.com/impulsivearts/

Second bit of news: My portfolio was apparently well received, because I was notified yesterday evening that three of the four high end hotels in Whistler have selected me to display and sell my work in their lobby this month. The event is called "Made in Whistler" and is a component of an arts festival running throughout February as part of the lead up to the the 2010 Olympics. I will be working every Sat/Sunday in February from 11 am to 7 pm. If you happen to be in Whistler during that time and care to do a little blog-stalking, here's my schedule:

Feb. 3&4 Hilton

Feb. 10&11 Fairmont Chateau

Feb. 17&18 Hilton

Feb. 24&25 Four Seasons

I'm off to flit about in a (happy) tizzy of last minute preparations!