Monday, October 09, 2006

Thanksgiving

There's a lot of thankfulness going on in our home these days, and this being Canadian Thanksgiving, I thought I'd share a bit of it with you. Here, in no particular order (and by no means a complete list), are some snippets of gratitude:

Rob. Who came home last week, ending an exceptionally stressful month of single-parenting. Although we were all tremendously pleased to see him, no one was more jubilant than Winnie:
Rob and winnie
Let's just say she wasn't a top priority for attention during that month.

Bunny rabbits. At one point, when DD and I were locked in a death spiral of increasingly outrageous behaviour followed by increasingly outraged responses, I paused to take stock and decided that a "just because" bit of positivity was needed. Taking a cue from Lee Ann, I pulled out my sample pack of Andean Silk (KnitPicks, impulse buy at half price this spring) and stayed up late one night making this:
rabbit
Which created the desired response:
bunny and rabbit
She sidled up to me the next day to say, "Mom, I really appreciate you going to all the work to make such a nice bunny for me."

Getting up every morning and throwing open the blinds to see an everchanging version of this:
7 October 2006
(Also gazing upon said view from the hot tub and pool just down the hall from us, knitting on the patio on sunny afternoons, working at my bench... you get the idea.)

Looking forward to winter for the first time in nearly a decade:
trailmap0506

But most of all - my family - healthy, whole, and together:
family